Quality metal work is perhaps the most critical part of the restoration process. It is the foundation that provides longevity for a finished project.
We are very fortunate to have two incredibly talented craftsmen in house, whose skills trace back to the golden era of coach building in the United States.
Hans Sahling and Billy Woodruff work in our equipment-rich facility, and utilize the lost techniques of power hammers to create any desired shape.
Metal work is a term that is thrown around loosely in the world of automobile restorations. There is a distinction between metal fabricating and coach building capabilities.
Hans and Billy are true coach builders in the sense that they can create a complete car from a set of drawings. Beyond the ability to create body panels and door skins, they also specialize in metal finishing for paint. It is the true connoisseur that looks at body work underneath the paint work of any restoration project.
- Aluminum construction and gas welding panels
- Metal finishing for paint
- Bucks that are constructed from the latest laser scan technology for precise accuracy.
- All restoration projects are performed on a surface type fixture/jig to ensure accurate measurements of factory tolerances for both body and chassis.
- Machine shop: milling machines, water jets and Cad systems
- Classic car wood frames repair and construction